RE: Annie Leibovitz

On Wed, September 9, 2009 10:59, mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Just a reminder at how valuable the images we all collect can become in
> time, even if we don't photograph the rich an famous.

Well -- Annie Leibovitz might not be the BEST example to cite for the
value of images not involving the rich or famous.

I strongly suspect that if my works were going to turn out to be that
valuable, there would have been *some* symptoms of it by now :-).

> Hope it all works
> out well for anyone in tough times.

Yes, very much.

> Gotta wonder if the creditor would
> rather have the 24 million or the rights to her work?

There's a business model in making loans where what you REALLY want is to
get ownership of the collateral pledged for the loan.  This might well be
a case of it.

>From what I've read on this one, Leibovitz has participated quite heavily
in creating this situation; it's not a case of somebody doing everything
right and getting dumped on anyway.
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info