Re: PF members photos on 08-29-09

I think you mis-understood what I said. I didn't wrap the Outer Banks with plastic wrap before taking the picture. John was commenting what he thought it looked like to him.
I didn't take a picture of an embossed poster after using the embossed filter in Photoshop.
I used the plastic wrap filter to create the effect and the slight hot spot of a scanned file. After looking at the picture again I think the hot spot is ok.
The original is a color negative as color negatives hold a larger brightness range than a single digital camera exposure.
When one copies a picture using a single on board flash the hot spot has no detail at all. That why one needs a copy stand with two lights at 46 degrees to copy  a picture well.
Roy