RE: data storage (again)

Cloud storage is convenient and cheaper than managing your own servers but don't expect the storage people to protect your data. You do that with encryption. I use truecrypt to encrypt my flash drives. It is very fast and just one of many, many such software and harware encryption solutions.
Greg

I am more concerned about big brother,  account numbers, and the info that identifies me and me alone.  Storing in a cloud is to me, like saying, ""Here you are identity thieves. Anything else I can do to help you be me?"

And as Roy said, if my ISP or access point goes down, I can still work off line.

Bob