Re: DIY flash gels

Depending on the size of the flash reflector you want to cover sample swatches of
Roscoe (or another company whose name I don't remember at this time) gels may be
cheaper and you'd get a lot more colors.

Andy

mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Now I do have an Eye 1 to calibrate a monitor, but not the Pro I don't think. Yes the acetate would be filled with dots and likely wouldn't test as well in a lab, but from a practical standpoint would it matter???? First you get the pass through the gel, then the light gets bounced around and diffused most of the time. That likely would diffuse the small areas between dots that are not the exact color. Would it be perfect??? Probably not, but would it work?

Each gel probably has a value of R G and B somewhere, or if not that a C M Y and K. Once you know those values the rest can be dealt with