Re: PF exhibit 06-27-09

>Από: Pini Vollach <pinimage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>                 Kostas Papakotas - Transubstantiation
> I like the three men at the side. I don't understand what the double exposure contribute to the image ?

Mosty that....

>Από: Mark Harris gsphotoguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Kostas Papakotas: It was very nice of two of the three men on the bench to sit perfectly
> still for the two exposures. Did you tell them what you were doing? I'm pleased to see
> someone still does effects in camera.

You see. When decided to amke the event I started searching for a comcise them that
- was nothing i have never done before
- was not that ahead from the novices
- easy to understand for visitors
- convey a message. for me it was : "you can have digital and photoshop" but there are always older ways.

By coincidence those days some guys/students were asking for the double exposure technique they had heard of, and right here some members were mentioning it too, especially the Pentax K-10D ability too...
A plan was formed, the location was picked, a tesy walkabout was made, and I programmed a shoot...When I found the old men there I knew It was it.I had an anchor point for my theme/frame, and it worked beautifully (the contrast of older to newer ages - seeing people go by). There is also a hidden message..we are all passer bys in this land, in this life...we are but glimses of an eye (which is the greek titlte next to teh english one)

BTW the old men wert not posed. I was stealthy having the camera on a tripod and using a remote control release.
Funny thing is that wife of the man in the middle took her niece to the excibition...Saw her husband in the photo...Rushed home to tell him, and he came soon afterwards...we chated a bit and I promised prints...Last tuesday I went to Veria to make them and drop them to the coffee shop he frequents...Jolly good.

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...

kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://clenchedteethphoto.multiply.com

--- Στις Σάβ., 27/06/09, ο/η Pini Vollach <pinimage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:

>                 Michael Hughes - In Party dress
> There must be some relation between the white sign to the lady with the bike. I don't understand it.
>                 Alan Zinn - Our Chrysler!
> I would love this one more without the wooden frame.
>                 Don Feinberg -
> Interesting colors. Crop too tight for me.
>
>                 Emily L. Ferguson - Dovecote cupola - Penmon Priory,
> Anglesey
> I would prefer seeing some details in the black area.
>
> Thanks for sharing the photos.

Thanks also to PF Gallery staff for installing them.
> Pini Vollach

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!