Adober PS 4 GPU interpolation

http://tv.adobe.com/#vi+f15629v1001

Adobe seems to making a big deal of it's new zooming capability, using the
GPU to achieve the effective interpolation of the image being edited on
ones computer.

Which I find alarming.

Sure it is nice eye candy, but when the image is being interpolated, ie,
the pixels are being modified for *viewing pleasure*, it fails to show the
actual pixels and the results of any modifications one may perform on the
actual image.

the whole purpose of video graphics interpolation is to HIDE unpleasantness
in the image.  hiding jaggies, moire, banding etc.  hiding image faults
seems to me to run contrary to the whole purpose of image editing.

this might well be good for a casual user, but for anyone aspiring to
master image editing we need to see every fault, every flaw and artifact
present in the image.

I'd rate this right up there with Apple Quartz as a major drawback to good
image editing.

karl