Re: New Nikon D5000

: There are some effect you can't get in Photoshop  that you can get on a
: film camera. I tried multiple times to duplicates certain  techniques but
: haven't succeeded in Photoshop yet but I just had another idea  about how
it
: could be done.

absolutely.  I'm still very much a film user and believe film and film
cameras have strengths digital cannot match.  Like the topic being
discussed in another thread regarding power.  As long as I have my thumb, I
get my shots :)

as to the other idea, I'd love to hear it.

regarding overlays, as an excersize I did some multiple exposure shots on
film and through a succession of overlaid digital shots replicated the
shots very closely, but not by spending time 'crafting' the shots in
photoshop - I actioned them.  However, if I wanted a specific effect it was
certainly a lot easier to determine the bias on an individual layer or
element in a layer to get what I was after in a digital environment.

..and I'm still keen to get myself a film burner..  I want my good digital
shots back on something I see as more reliable than a hard drive or CD :)

:     Also to duplicate some of Andy's techniques like  the last figure
study
: on the weekly Saturday exhibit would entail writing a new  complex filter
: for Photoshop.

I missed the image you're refering to - if it was one of Andy's panned
rotational shots then the hardware might be more important than the
software :)

karl