Re: Popular Science Article

Pini writes:

: As much as I know there is another difference:
: Epson has the nozzles on the main machine while the others have it on
: the cartridges.
: Is there any conclusions about which technology is better?

there's three ways to boil water, add heat causing the molecules to speed
up

hit them with microwaves which cause them to resonate, speeding them up -
thus heating the water

or hitting them with the right sound frequency, causing the molecules to
speed up, heating the water

All have the same end effect - the water gets hot, all achieve it by the
same method really - speeding up the molecules, but the way they're sped up
is different

each has it's +'s and -'s

As to heads being integral to the carts

Some manufacturers want to keep their machines running in really nice
condition and would rather the heads were dumped with each cart.  HP
falls/fell into this category

Some would rather the print carts be percieved as cheap(er) by having the
heads integrated into the printer so you only have to change the ink carts.
Though head repalcement and ink cart chips can reveal a strange economy
(Epson)

Some would rather have the heads and ink carts replaceable seperately by
the consumer when the *consumer* decides they need changing (Canon)

Personally I don't like Epsons take on things