Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: Possibly another polarized light souce awaiting application

Bob,

Thanks much ... however, I was mostly interested in whether it was a well known fact in the photographic community that one could use an LCD display as the background or source polarizer - saving on the expense of having to buy a somewhat expensive plastic sheet polarizer or as an improvisation when such an item is just not readily available, etc. Like if you live in a place where there are no suppliers of polarizing materials. Like Oman?? BUT you do have an LCD display!!
Like Herschel!  ;)

;)
andy

Bob wrote:

Andy,

When I am wearing my "drivers' glasses", a pair of glasses I wear during the day that has lenses made by, I think, the transitions people, my cell phone display and the display on my mobile ham rig and the displays at ATMs and gas pumps are difficult to read.

You may find info here http://www.lcd.kent.edu/ since Kent State University is reported to be a leader in LCD research and applications.

Bob