RE: Slave flash on P&S digicam?

> When photographing events where other people are popping their
flashes, you need to cover the Wein Slave with
> your hand when not shooting. Otherwise, every time someone pops their
flash, yours will go off too, draining the battery.

On the other hand I was at a wedding once where the 'professional'
photographer used visible light slaves and everytime I or anyone else
with a decent flash took a photo, we got full use of the all the pro
photographer's strobes.

Greg