Best way I see (without ever having seen your logo) would be to recreate it from scratch.
Good luck !
Renate

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 5:25 AM, Edwin Blenkinsopp <edwin.blenkinsopp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If its straitforward email me the files and I will do it for you
Edwin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of k t
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2009 10:05 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Hi; questions re using PS Elements 6 to edit text in a logo on
a Mac!

Hello!

I was going to thank y'all for the advice on the website hosting/
domain name; I wanted to go through and thank everyone individually
and hadn't gotten to it yet!

In the meantime, I have a totally different question. I'm trying to
edit a .jpeg logo for an organization. There are two different styles
of font and I just want to change one style to match the other.

One would think this would be easy, but it's not -- for me. I'm using
Photoshop Elements 6 -- just downloaded it; and a fairly new Mac.

I had tried getting the logo into I-Mac but could never import it.

I select the text I want to change using the Marquee tool, but there
appears to be no way to change fonts wtih PS Elements 6. But there
must be!

At one point about an hour ago I saw "font" listed on a pull-down
menu, but the sub-options were grayed out. Now I can't even find it
listed on the pull-down menu.

Also, I'd like to change the color from a grey to a black to match the
other black, but can't figure out how to do that either.

I tried typing the text into a Word doc and then cutting and pasting.
But not only did the text not cut and paste, but I'm not sure how I
would get it spaced out exactly as it looks in the JPEG.

I've never edited text in PS before, just photos.

The president of the organization is waiting for me to get this done;
if anyone has any "hints" pls let me know.

P.S. I haven't had time to go through the PS tutorial yet; I've gone
to the "help" section, but I think it pertains only to Mac and not PS,
even though it's listed on the PS menu bar.