From: Kostas Papakotas [mailto:clenchedteethphotography@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 5, 2009 04:55 PM
To: 'List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students'
Subject: RGB to CMYK in Photoshop

Greetings all!

Well the title says it all, I have trouble converting RGb to CMYk

Actually I am preparinga poster for my niece and it has Magenta, Yellow, Blue and Green colors as a rainbow style background.

I prepared it in aRGB and when I converted it (through Lab or not) the colors were all wrong.

I even redid it in CMYK taking the exact values from the colors palette and the result is the same. (the ebst results were obtained by adding white gradients and tinkering the hue/saturation. did not work for the Magenta though)

My settings are aRGB1998, Euroscale coated CMYK, and my Screen profiles in aRGB1998 (no CMYK profile available)

Now is that a monitor issue (cannot show the CMYK colors correctly) so still the colors will print correctly, or is there a setting that will let me get pure magenta etc?

Thank you, Kostas

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!