Re: Photoshop Elements 6 (Mac) question to list.

Boy, I've been using PS since vers. 5 and have never used Print Preview. But anyway, I find with both HP and Epson printers I must first go to File>Page Setup and tell the computer which printer and which size paper and which orientation the paper is to be. I have never yet gotten any of the printer installation software to make my printer be the default in any app and find with many apps the printer will simply not print unless I tell it which printer to use in Page Setup.

This despite that I have only a single printer attached to the computer.

Then, once I've issued Cmd-P to actually print, the Epson dialog presents some benign looking fields which conceal everything one wishes one had control over. This started with PSCS1. Those are to be found in the drop-down menu the first item of which is Copies and Pages.

In fact, in some setups I've seen even those are concealed behind a button in the Print dialog which one must click just to reveal their existence.

Epson simply hasn't a clue of how to design good driver interfaces, in my opinion.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx