Re: PF members exhibit on Dec. 06, 08

At 10:00 AM -0500 12/6/08, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated DEC 06, 2008. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

         J Michael Sullivan - Lowes parking lot: Study in Yellow and Blue

Primary colors are so neat and commentary on our modern consumer way of life is all the rage. This image does a nice job of both. I like the composition of the items in the image, especially the way the handicap parking symbols hold the top of the image in place, too.

         David Dyer-Bennet - Asian Forest Tortoise at Minnesota Zoo

How often does one actually sync with someone else's accidental flash! Lucky for the eye, and to show off the tooth. Just about everything else is really great here, except for the zoo part.

         Peeter Vissak - Yggdrasill revisited

I feel off balance, and there's an accidental quality about this that accentuates that. As one tries to move away from the cliché, one has to think hard about how to balance the components one allows into the image.

         Mark Harris - Breast Cancer Ribbon

I feel that it should be vertical. I've never felt comfortable with those cause ribbons on their sides, and there's something not quite right in the way the breast is hanging.

         Christopher Strevens - Let me straighten my hair!

It's hard to grab a candid in this sort of situation. You pretty much blow it by popping up the flash, and if you don't, you get general softness. In this case, some things about the image are kinda nice anyway - like the movement of the hand and the crookedness of the eyes, and the way they're not looking at the viewer. Doesn't one nearly always look away in faint embarassment when one is being watched as one arranges oneself for presentation?

         Roy Miller - House under attack from nature

Kudzu anyone? Time for the clippers, man. And water those aloes. They're not joining in the attack with full gusto!

         Elson T. Elizaga - Rice and Steak

Great texture, nice even light, perspective is that of the imminent consumer, but I wish there were a sprig of parsley. The color pallette is too uniform. Tell the chef.

Looking forward to this week's gallery.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx