Re: question about a photographer

A couple of things, most of the Google results I get for this name indicate it is actually two different people (one Ullstein and the other Nicolai), I also get references for works published post 1980.  I simply can't get over the mathematical logic that your list of people predates chemical photographic processes, with the exceptions of Wagner and Mendelssohn, who might have had opportunity to sit for several minutes while their photo was taken...although, musicians tend to be rather kinetic folks.  Perhaps, this, and the earlier composers had their portraits made using a camera obscura (rather popular with artists of their time) and Ullstein/Nicolai are publishers or editors?

Or else, you have a twisted sense of humor and are very bored.

Formyrotts@xxxxxxx wrote:

"Actual" photographs of who?