apple: no reasonable person should trust their marketing

http://gizmodo.com/5101110/apple-no-reasonable-person-should-trust-their-marketing

"Apple doesn't expect you to trust them "

After a legal complaint by 70-year-old William Gillis over the "twice as fast for half the price" statement found in iPhone 3G marketing, Apple responded with a 9-page, 32-point rebuttal—one paragraph of which included this overly harsh, but very telling, statement:

Plaintiff's claims, and those of the purported class, are barred by the fact that the alleged deceptive statements were such that no reasonable person in Plaintiff's position could have reasonably relied on or misunderstood Apple's statements as claims of fact.

In other words, if you believe what Apple says in an Apple ad, you are not a reasonable person"

I wonder how far this extends?

I know the Quartz engine in the new macs hides jaggies in images, moire and other image faults (not good news for image and graphics workers, great for web browsers and gamers tho)

I also know such simple things as monitor calibration is a lot more difficult for macs compared to PCs./  PC monitors are badged by their makers, Apple monitors which could come from any of 6 or so different sources are badged 'apple'.

forget me being a Windows user for a moment, my question is, how much are people expected to take on face value the claims of the manufacturers, and when a manufacturer like Sony lies (re their rootkit virus) - what would a reasonable reaction from a duped consumer?

karl