Brief comments on PF exhibit of Oct 18

As seen at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

Elson T. Elizaga - Higaonon Girl
Very colorful but seems somewhat "sterile" to me. Some reaction or expression on
the girl's face would have added a lot.

Howard Leigh - Boîte de lettres, Houlle, France
Bird house during "off season" I guess. Interesting mostly from an information point of view.

Emily L. Ferguson - selective whitewash
Good "eye" choosing this subject to photograph! It would really be something if
what looks like shadows on the white walls were actually areas painted in
different shades of gray to simulate shadows. But I guess no such luck! BTW,
image is slightly tilted.

Valery Firsov - Fungus
Translucent glow. Looks like a PS effect but is not. I like the final "look" but probably would have not
included so much dark area at top.

Guy Glorieux - Up rapids!
Neat use of PS or other software. I guess it is too much to assume that the photograph was made with a
moving mask and a "matte-box"! Must have taken quite some time to assemble the
sequence so that seams would appear natural. I spent some time trying to figure out
where you had difficulty with the process. Was stumped.