Re: Ok so everyone seems to want lively debate (not flame wars)

Well I wouldn't go that far.  In fact I would say he has a perspective that I would understand but consider it naive in a way, and potentially even dangerous.  His photographs are wonderful, and a clear reminder that war can not be something that is so sanitized as to be on CNN for nightly entertainment.  It's ugly. It is horrible. It is hell as so many have said so often.  They were right.

Yet he asks the question himself is it possible to avoid?  History shows a resounding NO.  You can not have peace with a group of people determined to fight.  Sometimes its totally unavoidable.  The best we can hope for is leaders that will choose the right time and places and most importantly the right reasons.  We often have no idea the impact that such decisions entail for decades if ever.