Re: Ok so everyone seems to want lively debate (not flame wars)

On Oct 11, 2008, at 1:33 AM, Laurenz Bobke wrote:

I somewhat doubt that there ever will be a time when it will become as "mature" as analogue.

I disagree. I think what will happen is people will get honest about how much tool their work really needs.

For example, I do studio work using a Canon 5D. Until last week I had a 5D as a back up. I sold one in order to make a deposit on the new Canon 5D Mark II.

My studio work doesn't NEED the 21 megapixels of the Mark II but my personal work does need some of the features of that camera....low light capabilities without flash being notable among them. The HD video capability will allow me to explore something I've been interested in for a long time. Hence, the upgrade.

So, rather than selling both 5Ds and upgrading both cameras to Mark IIs, I'm only upgrading one.

What I capture with my 5D in the studio is more than sufficient for my clients' needs. When my clients require more and better images than what my 5D can produce, I'll upgrade my studio camera as well.

Make sense?

Lea

babies. they're what i do.
www.leamurphy.com