Re: photo opportunity?

Radio said that it will be seen here in Israel too
but only in the south  and I live in the north....

Pini

ציטוט karl shah-jenner:
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,24458856-5017320,00.html

Asteroid to hit Earth today
Article from: Reuters

October 07, 2008 06:47am
AN asteroid discovered today will hit Earth's atmosphere in a few hours but
will burn up before it can hit the ground or endanger aircraft, astronomers
say.  The asteroid would create a large fireball about 10.46am as it burns
up over Sudan, in east Africa, a team at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for
Astrophysics said.

"We want to stress that this object is not a threat," said Timothy Spahr,
director of the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center at
Harvard in Massachusetts.

"We're excited since this is the first time we have issued a prediction
that an object will enter Earth's atmosphere," Dr Spahr said.   The
asteroid, known as a meteoroid, is between 1m and 5m in diameter.

"A typical meteor comes from an object the size of a grain of sand," said
Gareth Williams of the Minor Planet Centre.

"This meteor will be a real humdinger in comparison."

It would be visible from eastern Africa and would evaporate over Sudan, the
scientists said.

"We really hope that someone will manage to photograph it," said Mr
Williams.