Re: Rear curtain synch question

ADavidhazy wrote:

Does copyright then imply that it is the exact same image? How exact is exact? I guess the hands and rings wedding shot is not copyrightable either? Hmmm ...
food for thought. I still think that "appropriations" is squirrely. ;)

The legal questions are complicated (which means I'm not competent to explain them, among other things). I've read about cases where a very exact duplicate was staged and shot, and was found to infringe copyright. I don't find that completely absurd. Exactly where the boundary is hasn't bee clearly established -- if for no other reason than because we don't have any way of quantifying the "similarity" of pictures that consistently agrees with people's ideas of similarity.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info