Re: [SPAM] Re: Digital cameras in the Sun (was I have a favor to ask.)

----- Original Message -----
From: <MichaelHughes7A@xxxxxxx>

> counter-intuitively, that black
> camera bags don't heat up inside  more than others.
>

> I am sure thee are other people on the list who can confirm my feeling that
> many people living in hot climates wear black robes - presumably not just to
> save on the laundry costs that attend wearing white.  Michael

it's not hard, grab an IR filter and take some shots of various black coloured materials - some are not as light absorbant as you'd expect (n that area of the spectrum!)

I painted one of my cars matte black a number of years back - many cringed and said it must have been hot.. truth be told it was quite cool inside compared to the 'lighter' colour it had been before.  photographed under IR it all but glowed with reflected IR where the former cream coloured paint job appeared darker photographed in IR.  Some black cloth reflects a lot more IR (and shades the skin better) than white clothes

..the black anodized pressure plate on film cameras - most looks like high polished chromework under IR (which is why kodak's IR film with no antihalation layer flared the way it did)

and don't try making bellows out of black leather for IR use - it's totally transparent to IR!

light is a funny thing

colours are funnier