Re: vivitar 285 flash question

Lea,

http://www.popphoto.com/lighting/3983/vivitar-285hv-review.html

Its all in the trigger voltage.  Looks like the 285 can NOT be used on the 5D while the 285 HV can.   Interesting since from the name you would expect the 285 HV to be unusable on DSLRs too.

Bob

Lea Murphy wrote:
I'm pondering adding a couple Vivitar flashes to my toolkit.

What is the difference between the 285 and the 285 HV?

I'm shooting with a Canon 5D and don't want to blow the thing up.

Thanks,

Lea

babies. they're what i do.
www.leamurphy.com