Re: How many techniques?

Well I certainly am not against tech chat.  There is always a new technique to learn.  You must have some knowledge of the craft to be able to take the next step to the art of photography.  It's all about balance.

If you don't know the latest and greatest technique, your vision can be limited because you can not consider how you can use what you don't know.  Once you do, the ways and times you apply the knowledge is what creates the art.