Re: How many techniques?

Well my question is, "Why would you even bother to count them?"  When I take an image I now have an idea of what I want the final product to become.  I use what I need to make it happen.

Sometimes I go through old files and look back at old work.  Time often gives me new ideas with an old image and I have a new final outcome in mind again before I start.  Again I use what I need to make it happen.

Sometimes while working on an image I find in adjusting this or that a totally new area to explore.  These can be fun.  Try a filter here, adjust this, redo that, but this time I have no idea what the final print will be till its done.  Sometimes I am rewarded with a surprise image that I call one of my happy accidents.  More often I have learned something about what adjusting this does to an image and it gets filed away for the next time I get to go take pictures.  Counting how many wouldn't cross my mind.  It's all a part of the education of a photographer, which ends when the breathing stops.