From: "Howard" <howard.leigh111@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: I have a favor to ask.

karl shah-jenner wrote:
 I recommended Foxit.

Hi Karl.
Foxit isn't really free, it's trialpay meaning I have to try or buy
another separate product to use...

when did this happen?

foxit reader is as free as acrobat reader.
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

"Foxit Reader itself is free. The critical add-ons are free while
advanced add-ons have a reasonable cost. For example, you can use the
following functions for free:

View or print PDF document
Add or edit bookmarks in a PDF file if the security settings allow
Basic PDF form operations i.e. filling out PDF forms and printing them
out
Advanced PDF form operations, such as saving filled-out forms and
import/export forms, free for personal and non-personal usage
View PDF as text "

"Critical add-ons, such as UI language package, JPEG2000/JBIG decoder,
CJK package, GDI+ for early Windows version, etc
The following are advanced add-ons, which can be added for reasonable
cost.

Foxit Reader Pro Pack is not free. It includes the following functions:
Annotation
Text viewer and text converter
Form filler
Spell checker
Advanced editing tools, including measure tools, image tool, file
attachment tool, link tools, annotation selection tool, and more"

so as far as I can see it's free

of course there's cutePDF as a PDF editor /writer
http://www.cutepdf.com/

it's no more or less integration going down this path than it is using
Adobe..

but, you've less cr*p embedded in the system and a faster program.

CutePDF Writer (Freeware)
Create professional quality PDF files from almost any printable
document. FREE for personal, commercial, gov or edu use! No watermarks!
No popup Web ads! Now supports 64-bit Windows. - and it's a whole 1.6Mb
download

portable foxit, for those who want no registry entries:
http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1041