Re: I have a favor to ask.

I only had one of my 15 hard drives burn out and that was because of the power unit of the computer burnt up. Only the C drive went under and none of the data drives.   A couple of years ago I got software with a hard drive that allowed one to make a functional backup of the C drive.

To use POP3 one has to leave your home computer on all the time to be able to down load your mail to a "remote" computer. If you want you can store your email online on AOL or just keep it marked as new if you want to respond from another computer in a few days. I believe AOL storage limit is 5 gigs so if you need more than that you need to get a service like SmugMug.

Getting rid of computer programs completely is always a problem. I still have Norton stuff in my registry even though I removed the program with Window. Then removed it with a removal program from Norton web site.

Roy