Re: I have a favor to ask.

Emily writes
> Get a mac.  In 14 years I've only had a hard drive fail once.

that's a sense of security that's frightening!

Apple don't make hard drives (nor much at all really..) so you're using
the same drives everyone else uses.

I get business recovering hard drives for mac users who have never, ever
backed up because they thought macs infallible (!)    Admittedly the
turnover of machines seems higher with a lot of mac users, so I guess
the drives aren't seeing as much life as some intel/amd desktops and
laptops, but..

please people, don't think it'll last just because it has an apple badge
on it !  Data recovery costs *a lot*

karl