Re: Taking pictures on cloudy days

Tim Holmes wrote:
I know that cloudy grey days are great for pictures because
the sky becomes the worlds largest softbox, but it also mutes the
colors of flowers and birds etc.  how do I get the best of both

I would adjust the "Vibrance" slider up to around 35. Pop the saturation between 3-5 (or to taste) and bring the contrast up to 50-75.

The overcast skies flattens the contrast and adding contrast is sometimes the best way to recover it.

Rob
Rob Miracle
rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.robmiracle.com