Re: PF exhibit on 07-05-08

For what it's worth, here are some of my thoughts on this exhibit.  Mind you, they are just my first impression of what I see on my monitor.

Pini Vollach - MUDAM staircase 2 - I love the way this looks, it presents a variety of what seems to be textures and definitely shapes--reminds me very much of a patchwork quilt!

Qkano - The Happy Couple - hmm, is that Holy Water the gentleman is holding? The collar says he is a priest maybe, so who is the woman?

Trevor Cunningham - flores fisher - To many things going on to make this a favorite, to dark, to canted, and a soft overall.

David Small - Blind Mans Bluff - I love this one, and it seems that the gentleman may well have an idea of what is going on in there, after all, he is looking at the doorway.

Christopher Strevens - Pony and foal- I love horses so this is hard.  I wish there was more of Momma and the baby, maybe I'm greedy.  I get the impression these are wild, so it doesn't make it the easiest thing, as if they are wild, they are not quite as cooperative as one would wish for.

Valery Firsov - Cockchafer-after trying to find bugs to photograph this makes me more appreciative of a nice but photo!  Not a fan of bugs but I like the contrast and the color.

Andrew Brooks - The Verve Glastonbury 2008- suffice to say, I don't think the space this is viewed in, does it justice.  There is so much going on, just great!

Emily Ferguson - At first glance I wasn't impressed, but duh! It dawned on me that this IS a ship afterall, and the fact that it is a bit crooked is perfect!  It says ship and it also belies the fact that everthing in the photo looks perfect, neat and in it's place but overall, it's crooked! :)  Perfect!

There you have it, my opinion starting at 5:30 a.m.  Linda