RE: PF exhibit on 07-05-08

:> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated July 5, 2008.
:> Authors
:> with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html
:> include:
:>
:>
:>                  Pini Vollach - MUDAM staircase 2
[Chris:] It is an abstract view that I cannot quite make out. Architects
make use of stairs to manifest the artist in them.
:>                  Qkano - The Happy Couple
[Chris:] They look rather tense and not happy. I suppose this is how it was
when you took the picture.
:>                  Trevor Cunningham - flores fisher
[Chris:] This shows a snippet of another person's way of life. It is a place
that I am glad to have missed. I did experience similar things when I did my
military service in 1962.
:>                  David Small - Blind Mans Bluff
[Chris:] Not a nice comment really. I suppose the arcade was in the street
where he lived but he had never been inside and does not know what is
contained.
:>                  Christopher Strevens - Pony and foal
[Chris:] I took this on a day trip to the New Forest which is a two hour
drive down south west from London, where I live.
:>                  Valery Firsov - Cockchafer
[Chris:] I hope to take some images like this with the set up that I am
planning.
:>                  Andrew Brooks - The Verve Glastonbury 2008
[Chris:] I admire your vision, skill and artistry, it is a classic image of
a pop festival.
:>                  Emily Ferguson -
[Chris:] This shows how the privileged few lived in 1916, now more people in
the West can afford it but the privileged few have luxuries the common herd
can only dream about. I have had the opportunity of a privileged life but
turned my nose up because the others would miss out. At the time I believed
we should all be exactly the same and equally poor. I realize now my error.
But at present I am still better off than some and poorer than most. Seems
to me I am in the right place, I just did not realize how privileged I was
once upon a time when I was very young and Britain was at war with a left
wing country.
I still think men should be equal at least in opportunity and we should live
in an equitable playing field of life. But there are those that make it too
the top with a very poor background so it is up to the individual to make it
too the top, in my case my progress was truncated by a vicious religious
attack between the ages of 11 to 16 and these attacks on religious grounds
still continue. The Christians where I live allow no dissent and are violent
to dissenters. That is life unfortunately.
:>
:>
[Chris:] Best wishes to all who contribute their snippets of other lives,
sometimes I'm jealous sometimes I'm glad to be what I am. I often wonder
what life would have been had I been able to stay in America in the good job
I had. Lies stilted my life in England too and I lost an equally good job in
England because of lies. They were told by religious people for reasons of
faith and could happen to anyone who may have discovered "life on Mars". You
see to the British Mars is a light in the sky, a celestial object that
cannot have life on it because it is not a place you can go, it is a light
that decorates the night and so to say it has life on it is ridiculous and I
insulted the intelligence of my superiors by saying so.

I think this happens less often in America. (God's country) But the American
God is a nicer God than Britain's God.

That is a bit off topic but it is my life's experience and seeing the life
style of the privileged few invokes a feeling of rage at the injustice and
the violence and injustice it is based on.

The Communists had a great idea of a better life for all but the better life
for all was realized in America where the people live lives of princes. Mind
you it is based on the other lands feeding Americans, but the lives of the
rich seem to be spreading to others all round the world through freedom,
democracy and capitalism.

You taught me in Photo-forum.

Chris. (Being British means being rich to some)