From: "Bob" <w8imo@xxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 1, 2008 2:10:09 PM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: Re: photo printer inks

Shyrell,

After reading about them in Kim Komando's email news I bought ink from InkSell.Com

I bought generic  ink for my four year old Canon i950  since Canon  was a lot more $$$$$.

After  using  most of my order, I bought big to save shipping, my print head went defective.

The repair tech said that Canon makes their own ink and to not use third party inks. This seemed to  not agree with what Karl shah-jenner  suggested in some off forum messaging we did.

I've been using Canon ink since then and buying it from Staples.

The question that I've had since using generic ink, I was quite satisfied with it, is was it the ink that killed my print head or the fact that it was over four years old?

If you are planning on printing quantities of the same image you might be better off using a lab, cost wise.  Costco, the one close to my home is well respected by many people,  charges $3  for a  12 X 18  print.

Bob

Shyrell Melara wrote:
Question to all: Where do you purchase your printer inks from?

It doesn't matter what printer you use. I'm just interested in what company you buy from. I'm getting into printing my own photos now and can foresee myself using a lot of ink in the near future.

Thanks,

Shyrell

--
/////