Re: Compact Flash Card Readers

Tim,

I have two types:

A- The kind that has a USB cable connection.  It is a Stratitec Universal Card Reader that I picked up At Costco or Sam's Club.  Since getting 'B' I carry this with my lap top when traveling.

and

B- Actually I have two versions of this style, these fit in a spare 3.5" bay I had empty on my  computers.  They connect internally.  One has a USB port built in, the other doesn't.  Both allow media to be inserted from the front panel of the computer.

Neither requires any software, XP sees them as removable media hard drives.

73,
Bob  W8IMO
(I can often be found on KB8WLW/R - 145.41 - 222.??? - 442.225)

Tim Holmes wrote:
Hi folks

Some how this week i have lost/misplaced etc my flash card reader and
im reduced to using a PCMCIA card reader (takes about 25 minutes to
download a 2gb card full of RAWs)

So im looking for a new one -- what are you using, what do you recomend --

my comptuers are Intel P4 hyperthreading -- using windows XP pro --

Software of choice is lightroom

I have PCMCIA, USB 2.0 and Firewire available

Thanks

TIM

--
                           /////