Re: Any thoughts?

Marilyn

Like another poster said, Id start with the white balance functions.  It would be the most likely to be the problem. They probably will not have a clue as to what that is, so the 30 sec explanation as you walk her through it might save a phone call later grin.

Another thing I would ask is "What kind of light were they working in at the time when the problem surfaced?"  Sometimes the auto white balance can be tricked, just like auto focus.  Challenging lighting could have fooled the auto function into thinking it was one type of light when in actually it was another.

Don't panic though.  The odds are they did just hit the wrong button, but sensors have been known to fail.  I have never had one though, and hopefully never will.  Let us know when you find out what was wrong.