Re: stock photography - what cost

Or imagine the disaster ensuing by paying a wedding photographer to drive your bus.

Jeff Saxman

Saxman Photography, Inc.
www.saxmanphoto.com

On May 20, 2008, at 11:40 AM, jonathan turner wrote:

When I was an assistant (early 90's - before the 'revolution') I worked for
a photographer who said the industry had shot it's self in the foot by
supplying to image libraries as it would stop agencies and companies
commissioning new work.

But even without image libraries, digital cameras have made everyone into
photographers, so increasingly I find people who are doing it
themselves...or getting a 'friend who has a camera' to do it. I even know of
a bus driver who is a wedding photographer on a weekend!

Mind you, I still think there is truth in the saying 'you get what you pay
for'...if you're stupid enough to pay a bus driver to do your wedding
photo's then you may not get the wedding album of your dreams.

Jonathan.