Re: Comments: PF Exhibit Update 17-05-08

Thank you for your kind comment.I remember taking several photos with this end in mind, then let it "mature" for 9 years!
But the actual panorama stitching was entirely down to Photoshop!
Interestingly you were right - not one of the original 3 photos was of interest on its own.

Howard

ranflory@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Here are my VERY SUBJECTIVE comments on the work displayed by the PhotoForum members who exhibited on APR 26 2008 at http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html.

*Howard Leigh* - Paris - Dawn panorama

http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery/leigh.html

This is the first of THREE Parisian photographs included in the Forum this week. Is that a record?

The compilation of three photographs combine into a scene that I suspect gives more impact than any one of the photographs if viewed singly. With the combination, the green of the grass and the distinctness of the trees can be contrasted with the gray dawn sky and gray city.

I like the fact that the streetlights are still on, and perhaps even a few city lights on in windows. The lights punctuate the grayness with a hint and a hope of color to come.

A lot of effort went into this creation, and it seems as if the effort was worth it.