Re: Pop Photo Resolution Lines Per ? MATH

Your understanding of conversions between metric and imperial measurements is decidedly limited.

one inch = 25.4 mm      TRUE
Two inches = 50.8 mm     TRUE
2.5 inches = 63.5 mm    (Not 61.5 as you give).  TRUE

BUT    your next line should be the first reversed,  1 cm = 1/2.54 " = 0.039 inch

Also, metric prefixes operate in powers of 10.

1 km = 1000 m    (k - kilo or 1000)
1 m = 1000 mm   (m - milli  or 1/1000)
1 m = 100 cm       (c -centi  or 1/100)

10 mm = 1 cm
100 cm = 1 m.

and the other figures you used, 1 m = 39.37 inches

As a Physics lecturer for over 30 years, and having worked with both metric and imperial measurements since my undergraduate days, these conversions are automatic to me.

Furthermore, if you have 2100 pixels per inch making up a picture, to create a line you need 1 dark pixel (off) and 1 light pixel (on) to create a line pair.

Jim Thyer   MSc, PhD.