Re: Dearth of PF exhibit photographs

I'm scouring old photos for images I like and have forgotten - surely folk must have these by the bucketload! But andy is right - we also need to comment constructively on each other's work as well....and I'm guilty of neglecting that.

Howard

P.S.
Who was the photographer (Steiglitz?) who said he didn't need to go further that 100 yards from his home to find images worth recording?

w8imo@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I wonder what effect the cost of traveling to interesting photo sites has to
do with the low numbers.

The airlines are charging higher ticket prices and now limiting carry ons
and charging extra for a second bag.  So the cost of flying somewhere has
skyrocketed.

Driving from near Cleveland OH to St Pete FL just cost me a bundle and I'm
not back home yet. If I hadn't had an urgent reason to go I probably
wouldn't have.

I'll have to study my "home area" and find interesting things there.  I do
however miss the  southwest desert which I recently discovered when my wife
kept donating to the Las Vegas economy.

Bob