Re: D2x vs D3

1)"The sensor war between Sony and Canon continues, on the day Canon announce
their new 10 megapixel CMOS powered EOS 40D Sony Corporation reveal its latest
CMOS sensor, the twelve-point-five megapixel APS-C size IMX021. Sony is
positioning this new chip with new technologies which are designed to deliver  low
noise and yet maintain high continuous shooting rates (10.39 frames per
second with 12-bit output to be precise). Who knows where we will see this  sensor
next but a fairly safe bet must be the next Sony Digital SLR. "

More at _http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082012sony12mpcmos.asp_
(http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082012sony12mpcmos.asp)

2)"Some entirely too ingenious hackers have found a reference to the rumored D3X deep within the bowels of Nikon's D3 firmware. The reference includes a list of resolutions available to the upcoming shooter, and it's apparently set to max out at a potentially Higgs Boson-inducing 24.4 megapixels. Word has it that this sensor is likely a variant of the megapixel monster behind Sony's upcoming A900, but since this is all being extrapolated from a few numbers hidden in some firmware, we're going to try not to get too ahead of ourselves at this point."

>In a message dated 4/20/2008 11:38:49 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, >georgiadis@xxxxxxxxx writes:
have nothing to contribute, am waiting for answers to your questions eagerly. Just wondering if the sensors on the D300 and D3 Nikons are made by Sony. If so we might expect a heavy hitting SLR from Sony soon.