Re: Panasonic Ultra high speed video digicam

Howard

: I recall seeing some months ago a reference to Panasonic announcing
: details of a new camera with extremely fast frame rate recording to a
: large sensor (6 mp?) - something like 600 frames per second or even higher.
: Can anyone remember this? The Panasonic site showed some amazing clips
: they claimed had been recorded using a prototype.
:

http://gizmodo.com/341634/casios-exilim-pro-ex+f1-hands+on-1200-fps-demo-video-and-sample-60+shots+per+second-gallery

"Casio's EXILIM Pro EX-F1: Hands-On, 1,200 FPS Demo Video and Sample 60-Shots-per-Second "

Yesterday, Casio announced it's new EXILIM Pro EX-F1, a new digital camera that can shoot up to 60 shots in one second in burst mode

http://www.panoramacamera.us
 Jim Jannard the billionare put him honey where his mouth was and ponied up
 for the R&D costs so the consumer gets the camera at rock bottom price.
 any way you cut it, a 12Mp camera that can rip at 60fps is worht it's
 weight in gold :)

Willem-Jan Markerink wrote
The 1D mark-III could very well be made to go beyond 10fps, but Canon
>decided not to implement/allow that, because the more than 10fps
>classifies as motion-picture, and on many events the fee for shooting
>is much higher for motion picture than for still photographers....:((

this was all I could find

karl