Re: Photograph? Watercolor?

You're right, Marilyn, Photoshop is a tool, simply that and no more. I'm envious of the experts in that as well! I suspect my only skill is in prressing that button...
But it was good to see the forum suddenly spring back to life.
Do you have a web presence for your paintings?

Howard

Marilyn Dalrymple wrote:
My intention was not to sound argumentative or wounded when I responded to comments concerning my photograph/watercolor subject (the downfall of discussions taking place via cyberspace - no one can see facial expressions or hear voice inflections). I didn't take any comments as criticism or personally. I realize each who responded was just conveying their own thoughts on the subject. I look at Photoshop and other similar programs as being a tool - nothing more, nothing less, just like cameras, paint brushes and pencils are tools. A photographer still must have the photographic image to begin with before a digital image can be produced.
  Perhaps the full acceptance - or not - of digital art, or to what extent it is accepted, depends on geographical location or to which generation one belongs.  One local gallery in my area does not consider photography a true art, let alone a digitally enhanced photograph (I support them, regardless).  Another local gallery embraces all art forms and encourages experimentation.

  I'll still be wearing my thick skin when attending the show openings just in case.

  Marilyn