Re: Website question

Yep, there are subtle differences even in the same breed dogs.
I personally like muds because they are different.

Renate

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Stephen Ylvisaker <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Blackwell:

> Well if you are going to play devils advocate, so can I. :-)  You might be a jerk, but photographers can be hard headed. lol  My question would be all dogs of that breed look pretty much alike.  What sets your dog apart so that anyone could recognize it as being your dog?  How do we know its just not a dog from down the street?  Would a person other than the owner be able to recognize it as your dog?

Mark,

Surprisingly enough, yes, it is possible for a knowledgeable dog person to recognize one dog from another within the same breed. It is done in the dog show world all of the time. The judges are required to be able to see the subtle differences. I think experienced dog photographers also learn the differences.

Stephen