Re: colour spaces

----- Original Message
How do these "colors" get generated? Is there a camera or other device that shoots in Lab mode?
Is it just radiation that is outside of the human spectrum that Lab space can read because  it has or predicts such a number from it mathematical definitional construct?

from the article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lab_color_space:
the "Lab space (gamut) is much larger than the gamut of computer displays, printers, or even human vision"

nothing shoots in LAB  AFAIK, but colours can still be recorded outside the gamut of reproduction by existing hardware.  Think of your blown out highlights in a shot - pure, bright white. Now think how this can be represented..  print it then stick it under a densitometer - nope, it ain't white!  (there's still some absorbance) - and the monitor is not going to yield a pure white, and certainly not at the intensity that was recorded.. it has fallen outside the reproducable gamut.

you know .. the more I delve, the more I learn and the less I understand
http://www.auspiciousdragon.net/photowords/?p=1280

:/

karl