Epson Red Streak

Well since it's slow here I'll see if anyone here has a suggestion.

 I posted this on the Epson List
 and I only got one reply and that
 person told me the printing head
 had gone bad.

 Hi Gang.............

 Well it's back again.

 A few weeks ago my Epson 1280 printer
 started printing red streaks across the
paper. The streaks are very uniform about 1/4 inch high and usually but not always
 running across the entire width of the paper.

 When this first happened I did the usual
 things such as cleaning the heads and turning
 the printer off and unplugging it for a while.

 Nothing changed.

 Then I put a new color cartridge in and it worked fine.

 Now it is doing it again!

 Does something need to be reset?

 This is my back up printer to my 2400
 but I would still like for it to work properly.

 Thanks

 Russ
 R.E. Baker
 Photography