Re: Schlieren Shmeerin

Get a job with a well heeled university.

Roger

On 6 Mar 2008, at 3:35 PM, Robert Hall wrote:

er,

So how does one reach into their bag and pull out a 6" diameter 60" focal
length astronomical mirror?

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 8:36 PM, ADavidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Trvor,

I have a bunch of articles online and some of them relate to the schlieren
system.
Find one here: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/text-schlieren-color.html

There is also a "tutorial" of sorts here:
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/text-schlieren-slideshow/

You can maybe find more of interest at:
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/articles.html

if you have questions after looking this over I'll try to answer but FYI I
am running
out of answers. You know we are only born with so many.

andy

Trevor Cunningham wrote:

I'd be interested to know more of the details on how this image was
recorded, actually.

Gregory Fraser wrote:

Hey Andy, why are the heat trails in this photo
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/schlieren-1.jpg orangy on oneside and
greeny on the other side?

Greg

--