thank you re: file conversion

In a message dated 3/3/2008 8:49:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, Gregory.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

You mention you have Adobe Elements. I presume you mean some version of Photoshop Elements (not Premire Elements). Can you not just open the .bmp image in Photoshop then 'Save As' and change the file type to .jpg? >From the main menu select 'File' - 'Save As'. Below the box where you enter the filename is the 'Format' field. It should show BMP. Change that to JPG and save the file.

Hi again :)  To make it short, nope, Elements will not offer the jpg with this operation.  If I slid the page into an email and sent it to myself, I can save it as bmp then open it in elements and change it to jpg.  But when I just rt click on the page and save as, it does not offer JPG so I save it as bmp.  Ok, then, when I open it, I am not offered the JPG file to save it in.  I did figure out though, by going back to Corel PSP, and opening the bmp that I saved as, it will offer the jpg to save it in--so now I am going nuts with all the pages I can get :)  I really thank you all for the time you took to offer help and links to programs that will help convert files.  You are all so generous with your knowledge :)  Thank you again, Linda B.

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money & Finance.
(http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)