Re: fs2710 under XP was Dirty Slides - Update

: I will give this a try!! Does it matter that my scanner us USB not SCSI?

ah, I was still thinking Canon FS2710

it's possible, but have a look here first:
http://www.driverstock.com/Canon-FS2720-driver-download/5-7-1228/index.html
:

Unfortunately, Vuescan doesn't support this scanner - apparently Canon munged the the SCSI connection to make it into a USB device but it's supposed to be a bit of a mess :(

the Canon Oz site doesn't even list the model either though apparently there was a patch for it at one point - you could try contacting Canon and asking them :)

sorry -  I probably don't deserve that beer now..

karl