Re: Alternative to light blocking infrared filter

Roger,

You are correct. The "hot mirror" reflects the IR back to the source and
so it does not pass on through to the camera's lens and to the CCD and
thus this prevents IR contamination of the RGB record. Hot mirror = IR
reflecting device. Could be thought of as an IR blocking filter.
Incorrectly but in effect the same as an infrared absorbing filter.

hmmmm ... now maybe I confused myself. Help anyone?

andy

Roger Eichhorn wrote:
I thought "hot mirrors" are used to pass visible light and reflect the infrared back to the source. Or are you implying a different kind or using it in a different way, say at 45 degrees to the lens?

Roger