Re: film and digital

Film will always be with us even if it only stays as an antique art form.

I've "invented" a 3 D television system that is not "stereo" but instead
uses an array of lenses over a flat screen and could be used 2 way.

Photographs can be made with the same system (a computer has to be used in
between the camera output and the print but both the camera and print do
not need any focussing, the apature is different and cannot be controlled.

The lens array is placed over a film and then the individual images have
to be reflected about the axial point to make the print with a similar
lens array over the images.

The effect is of a 3 - d image.

The camera has to quite large but thin. About 3 feet by 2 feet and the
print scalable.

I have not made one this time round, but we made them back in the 70's and
the image looked like model. The technology was not there then but these
days it can be used with a tft flat screen tv.

Have you seen the little film show battery operated displays? I really
like those for holiday snaps that you load into a flash card.

Chris (from hospital).