Details about the Yahoo site

Dear PhotoForum list members ...

Regarding the existence of the PhotoForum list on Yahoo groups I would like
to share with you what I know about this. The site is essentially an archive
of posting to the PhotoForum mail list operated out of RIT and looked after
by me when I can do so!

There are a couple other groups that archive PhotoForum's postings as well.
Rick Ellis is an individual who does this and then there is Nabble.com also.
Nabble never asked me. Yahoo did not either but the company that did the
off-site archiving previous to the archive moving to Yahoo did. Rick was/is
a PhotoForum member I believe.

Anyway, PhotoForum on Yahoo groups is not a regularly functioning Yahoo group.
It is merely a repository of messages posted on the list.

The site lists 363 members but that is incorrect. That is just old data that
I am not sure where it came from. If you read the description for the "group"
you will see that there the number is 650 (more like the number listed at
RIT) and the text clearly states that that "group" operates out of the listserver
at RIT.

In any case, there is sometimes some confusion for people who subscribe correctly
but then try to signoff using Yahoo procedures. It does not work. If I am awake at
those time I step in and assist the affected party.

Anyway, I believe that is how things are ... FYI, today, Thursday evening there are
4 photographs available for inclusion in the weekend gallery update. It seems we
could give the staff some time off or downsize the staff given the amount of work
looming.

BTW, if you have friends (or enemies) you think might be interested in PhotoForum
feel free to share subscribing instructions with them!

Andy Davidhazy